Final Product- Music Video

Saturday 5 December 2009

The Veronicas CD Covers- Research


























A personal influence when planning my marketing package were the female pop rock duo The Veronicas. I decided to personally research into their marketing and in particular their albums artwork, and from their album artwork I have gain influences from and ideas for my marketing package. As you can see The Veronicas have a checked squared theme running throughout all their album covers and back covers this is an influence from the Ska and 2Tone genre, so it shows how influences can be brought to the mainstream modern audience and genres are constantly challenging themselves. Also I find the use of colour effective as all the covers are dark but with light colours and some with neon colours. I want to carry the neon colours and checked square theme throughout my marketing package and I want to target an audience like The Veronicas target audience. I will be conforming to Ska conventions however I will be challenging them as I want to revive the genre for a new modern audience in particular a female audience.

1 comment: