Final Product- Music Video

Wednesday 16 December 2009

Photoshop- Developing Front Cover, Back Cover and Spine

I will be using Photoshop on the Macs to produce my Digi-Pack- I will be producing a DVD Front and Back cover, an inside cover for my DVD and a magazine advert for my digi-pack, I may later produce additional materials using Photoshop if I have time.
During today's session I created three canvases for my front cover, back cover and spine (which I then plan to flatten and piece together in one canvas). To create my background for the DVD front and back cover I used the 'Pattern Stamp Tool' and chose a pattern that was black and white checked squares. I chose this as my research proves that this is a common convention to the Ska genre. I then used the 'Brush Tool' with a shade of purple to go over the checked squares- to make it effective I needed to change the 'Opacity' of the tool from 100% to 33%, so you could still see the checked squares. This is the background for my DVD front, back and spine, I am also planning to use this for my magazine advert and other marketing materials as a running theme in my Digi-Pack and Adverts.

Carrying on a iconography from my music video into my Digi-Pack and then added another layer to my front cover canvas and used the 'Pattern Stamp Tool' choosing a Jig-Saw piece as my stamp and placed one in each corner of my front cover- choosing the same pattern as my background. Also like my background, I used the 'Brush Tool' choosing four different colours and went over the stamp changing the opacity so you could still see the stamp- I wanted to create a spray effective and achieve this through using a brush.
I then placed the title of the DVD album at the top with my chosen font- I chose the colour yellow of the font to make the title stand out and contrast the background. Like my plan I want to have the name of my band 'The Madettes!' coming out of a trumpet- so I had to create individual text boxes and place them on the layer in a shape that conveyed the name coming out of the trumpet. I chose to have this in orange font as it worked well with the yellow title and also contrasted the background of purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment