Final Product- Music Video

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Ideas for Marketing Package- Planning

Throughout my marketing package I am going to use some Ska conventions I was made aware about from my research into the genre. The conventions I am planning to follow (influences gained through the album covers I have textually analysed) are silhouettes and checked squares, however I am planning to modernise these conventions with the use of colour to appeal more to my target audience. I am going to also gain inspiration from my music video and use the style and imagery of the rig-saw pieces which is seen at the end of our video. I have decided to plan to use bright and neon colours throughout my marketing package to show the progression of the Ska genre and bring the genre to a new and modern audience. The use of bright and neon colours might hold connotations of pop, funk and new rave for my audience; although my bands genre of music is Ska I have decided to go against the use of black and white in the marketing package.

1 comment: