Final Product- Music Video

Friday 4 December 2009

Ska CD Cover- Research


The last Ska album I have decided to textually analyse when undertaking my research is a Ska compilation album. I have decided to analyse a compilation album because I wanted to see how the conventions in the genre and different artists/bands would be brought together. As you can see the use of black and white is a clear convention of the Ska genre. This album has also used another colour- orange in its package- this could be showing a slight modernisation to the genre or a progression in the genre. I am attracted to the use of font that they have used for the word ‘SKA’ in the title and I would like to find a font similar to use in my album design. The main image of the cover features a black and white photo of a man playing an instrument which is commonly used in Ska music; the audience can also see the costume that is associated to the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment