Final Product- Music Video

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Magazine Music Adverts- Research

As part of our marketing package research I analysed two magazine adverts advertising for a release of an album. I was unable to find an advert with the genre of music being advertised the same genre my band full into Ska- so I analysed two contrasting adverts. This is my first advert that I textually analysed, advertising the album '9' by Damien Rice. The advert features reviews from a range of sources- newspapers to magazines, this maybe communicating that this album is critical acclaimed by a range of reviewers. The advert also features the conventions of a website and record label logo- for the audience to find more info about the artist if they wished. The colour of this advert comes across plan but sophisticated showing that the sound of the album might be mature and easy listening. There is an image in the bottom left- this is the front cover of the album by Damien Rice. The front appears like it has been hand written- communicating that Damien might be a singer songwriter who has wrote the song on his album. I feel the advert is effective as it appeals to its target audience of easy listeners, indie/folk rock and mature listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment