Final Product- Music Video

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Record Label Choice



The chosen record label for our band 'The Madettes' is Island Records UK part of the Universal Music Group. I was attracted to the chose of this label as one of my influences for the bands image in signed to Island Records and that is VV Brown. There is a range of diverse music genres on this record label which influence my chosen genre of music- Ska/2Tone, this record label is also a mainstream record label so it would be able to help with the marketing of my band. When personally researching into record labels I found out that this label was founded in Jamaica just like my genre of music Ska. I felt this direct link and my influences is a successful choice of record label for 'The Madettes'.

1 comment:

  1. Very relevant selection- have you seen the docu we have on this label and its founder Chris Blackwell?

    ReplyDelete