Final Product- Music Video

Friday 8 January 2010

The Madettes DVD Inside Cover- Photoshop


This is my finished DVD inside cover. I have decided to draw on the element of rewarding the audience- giving them something when they open the DVD and I feel this inside cover achieves this. For the background of my inside cover I have decided to keep the checked squares effect that I achieved from using the stamp tool- however, I wanted to change the colour of the back ground from purple to pink as I wanted the audience to have something visually different to see but it is still familiar.

For my right side of the inside cover I have drew where the DVD would be presented in the centre, I have used the silhouettes as iconography for the band so the audience would recognize the symbol to the band. I then used the stamp tool to place two stars on the outline of where the DVD would be- one white and black linking to my Ska genre. I have used the same font but changed the colour so it is readable and communicates a modern Ska genre of my target audience.

For the left side of the inside cover, I have gone for the 'busy' and 'in your face' effect drawing on the surprise effect when you open the DVD. I have taken screen shots from the bands debut music video of 'Baggy Trousers' and then taken pictures of my band members- close ups and mid shots. I have placed brushes I downloaded that our copyright free and placed them behind my photos and screen shots to make them stand out to the audience. The colours again are bright and neon as I want to modernize the genre as a whole. To fill the space on the left side I used more brushes to make sure I used the 'busy' effect on the whole left cover. I then wrote the titles of the songs in text boxes, finally I placed the band members names next to the photos of them- to introduce the audience to them individually.

1 comment: